Statement of purpose
Date document last reviewed and updated 31 March 2014
Providers name and legal status
82 Lillie Road – Dr Harrop-Griffiths and Partners
CQC provider id 1-19972286
Legal status – Partnership
Business address – 82 Lillie Road, Fulham, SW6 1TN
Tel no: 020 7471 2650
Dr Jane Harrop-Griffiths – General Practitioner
Dr Sarah Talbot – General Practitioner
Dr Wendy Christian – General Practitioner
Dr Nemonique Sam – General Practitioner
Registered Managers’ details
Pauline Patterson – Practice Manager
020 7471 2640
82 Lillie Rd is a partnership with a GMS contract.
Providers aims and objectives for the quality of care
· To provide the best possible quality care for our patients within a confidential and safe environment
· To show our patients courtesy and respect at all times irrespective of ethnic origin, religious belief, personal attributes or the nature of the health problem
· To focus on prevention of disease by promoting health and wellbeing and offering care and advice to our patients
· To work in partnership with our patients, their families and carers towards a positive experience and understanding, involving them in decision making about their treatment and care.
· To be a learning organisation that continually improves what we are able to offer patients
· To treat patient as individuals and with the same respect we would want for ourselves or members of our families, listening and supporting people to express their needs and wants and enabling people to maintain the maximum possible level of independence, choice and control
· To work in partnership with other agencies to tackle the causes of, as well as provide the treatment for ill heath where appropriate involve other professionals in the care of our patients.
· To encourage our patients to communicate with us by joining our patient participation group, participating in surveys, and feeding back on the services that we offer
· To ensure all staff have the competency and motivation to deliver the required standards of care ensuring that all members of the team have the right skills and training to carry out their duties competently
· Have a zero tolerance of all forms of abuse
· To provide our patients and staff with an environment which is safe and friendly
As a practice we are all totally committed to providing a quality service for all our patients. We have a strong sense of teamwork in addition to a great ethos of teaching and learning from each other. We hold regular audits which we share with all the team and have weekly teaching meetings. We are beginning a learning programme for admin staff and also hold regular team building and social events. The partners have regular monthly meetings where our financial stability and sustainability are reviewed.
As well as general medical services, we provide coil fittings, warfarin and methotrexate monitoring, methadone treatment, community mental health monitoring and depo antipsychotic administration, care planning and health checks.
We work within the local network to reduce our referrals, make efficient prescribing and avoid unplanned hospital admissions where appropriate. We work closely with our pharmacy advisor. We have an active patient participation group who are currently looking to trial our new on line booking service and provide us with feedback. We have a safeguarding lead, who attends meetings and shares her findings to the team.
Description of place of service
We are a 2 storey purpose built surgery. We offer disabled parking and have an automatic door at our main entrance with no steps. On the ground floor we have a treatment room, 10 consulting rooms and 2 toilets. On the first floor, accessible by stairs and a platform lift, we have 2 consulting rooms, a disabled toilet, a staff toilet, 2 administration offices, a meeting room, a kitchen and a staff lunch room.